Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2018

"Wild" Birthday Card



Hey y'all! I've got a new card to share with you today that I created for the current Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. This week's challenge is "Wild Things". For more information on the challenge and to see all the other entries, click here.

As soon as I saw the guidelines for this challenge, the first thing that came to mind was of course something jungle or animal related. So, I decided to use this completely adorable stamp set from Waffle Flower. It is their Jungle B-Day set. It's so sweet! 

I started this card by working on the background first. I cut a piece of white cardstock to fit an A2 sized card. I used two of the leaf images and one of the vine images from the set and just stamped them multiple times to fill the entire panel. I alternated the vines and the leaves until I had the background covered. I stamped the images with Simon Says Stamp Jellybean ink.

Next, I stamped the images that I thought I might use onto some white cardstock making sure to use Copic friendly ink. In this case, I used Lawn Fawn's Jet Black. It's my favorite Copic marker friendly ink. I stamped and colored many more images than I actually used on this card, but I wasn't quite sure what I had in mind for the scene for this card at the time, so I just wanted to make sure that I had enough. I colored the images with my Copics using the following combinations:

Vines and Leaves: G03 and G07
Gifts: BG11, V01, V04, B91, B93, and R29
Cake: R20, R24, R27, R29, Y11, Y13, E51, E53, YR02, YR04, C1, and 0
Elephant: C2, C4, C6, BG11, BG13, and Y19
Toucan: Y15, Y17, FB2, W7, W8, and C1
Tiger: YR04, YR07, R20, R29, B91, and B93
Bananas: Y11 and Y13
Monkeys: E25, E27, E21, and R20

After I had them all colored, I cut them out with their coordinating dies. These stamps/dies are just so adorable! I cut out a circle from black cardstock using the Small Stitched Circle Stackables Dies from Lawn Fawn. I adhered it to my stamped background panel in the upper center of the card. I played around with the arrangement of the die cut images until I found a great placement for them. Then I adhered them to the card panel. 

To finish the card front, I die cut the word "celebrate" using the Celebrate Border Die from Lawn Fawn. I trimmed off some of the edges to get it to fit nicely on the card. Then, I ran it through the Xyron sticker maker. This made it so much easier to attach it to the front of my card. I attached the whole panel to a white top folding A2 card base. 


On the inside of the card, I stamped a sentiment from the Reveal Wheel Sentiments Stamp set by Lawn Fawn using the same Jet Black ink as before. I put one of the other monkeys that I had already die cut above it just to make the inside of the card as cute as the outside. 

Lastly, I wanted a bit of sparkle on the card somewhere. So, I put some Nuvo drops in White Blizzard over the celebrate die cut. That finishes up my card for today. I hope that you like it!



If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you! Have a wonderful Sunday! See you again soon!


2 comments:

  1. your card is adorable Traci and you wouldn't want to celebrate with all those cute critters, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete