Pages

Monday, August 6, 2018

Thank You Circles Stamped Background


Good Monday morning friends! I hope that you all had the best weekend possible! I have a new card to share with y'all today. I created this one for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge. To find out more information about the challenge and see all the other lovely creations, click here. This week's challenge was all about making your own background. This is one thing that I've been trying to do more and more lately. As I was looking through my stamp sets, the Simon Says Stamp Circle Sayings just jumped out at me. I love this set, but I had honestly never used it before. I thought to myself, "There's no time like the present." I got it out and set to work. 😊

The first thing that I did was cut some white cardstock to fit an A2 card base (4 1/4" by 5 1/2").  I chose a few of the stamps from the set to use and mounted them each onto an acrylic block. I also chose some of my favorite inks to use. The colors I picked were Lawn Fawn's Merman and Plastic Flamingo and Simon Says Stamp's Deep Purple and Jellybean. I alternated the colors, making a pattern as I stamped. I kept the Deep Purple and Jellybean circles with each other and the Merman and Plastic Flamingo circles with each other. I tried to keep the spacing as uniform as possible when stamping. Each set of circles has the thank you sentiment outer circle, then the dotted circle next, and in the middle is the solid heart image. After I had filled the panel with the circles, I stamped a small thanks sentiment from the same stamp set in the white spaces of the card using Lawn Fawn's Jet Black ink. As the finishing touch for the background panel, I ran it through my die cutting machine with the largest rectangle from Lawn Fawn's Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables Dies. I think that stitching detail makes it look complete. I also cut the word "Thanks" out of black cardstock using Quinn's Capital ABC's dies (also from Lawn Fawn). I adhered them to the bottom of the card panel using some foam tape to give them a bit of dimension. I then adhered the whole panel onto a white side folding A2 card base, and that completed my card. 


I hope you enjoyed my take on this week's Wednesday challenge from Simon Says Stamp. I love these bright and cheerful colors! If you have any questions or comments, just leave them below. It would make my day to hear from you! Thanks for visiting with me today! Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Such an awesome background, love the colours you have used.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete