Pages

Friday, July 13, 2018

Aloha!


Hey everybody! Happy Friday! I'm back today to share a card with you that I created for the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge 32. I absolutely adore ALL things Lawn Fawn. If I could, I would own at least one of everything they have ever created. These colors for this challenge are some of my favorite and were the basis for my card today. 

To start, I cut some white cardstock to 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" and inked the whole entire panel with Twisted Citron distress ink. Next, I picked some colors from my paper collection that matched the colors of the inspiration board. I die cut each color using the Scripty Aloha die several times. I also cut one aloha from black cardstock. I arranged the words in different orientations on my panel and adhered them down. Some of the words were hanging off the panel, which was what I wanted. After the glue had dried, I just trimmed the excess off. I wanted this to look kind of like a piece of larger paper that had been trimmed down. 



Next, I stamped the pineapple and sunglasses onto a piece of white cardstock using Copic friendly ink. My go-to favorite is the Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink. I also stamped one of the faces onto the pineapple. These images all came from the Aloha stamp set. I colored the pineapple with my Copics using Y17, Y19, and E35. I colored the crown with G03 and G07. After I colored, I cut the images out with the coordinating dies from the Aloha die set. Then, I glued the glasses on top of the stamped eyes so that only the smile from the stamp was visible. I also cut out a stitched circle from the Large Stitched Circle Stackables set from black cardstock. (I used the second smallest circle in the set.) I adhered one of the lighter blue word dies on top of the black word die cut to give it a little bit of shadow. I adhered the pineapple to the top of the circle and added the die cut blue/black aloha word to the bottom of the circle. I then foam mounted that to the center of my background panel. To finish the card, I attached the panel to a white side-fold A2 card base. 


I really enjoyed using these colors for my card today. I hope that you like my take on this challenge. If you have any questions or comments for me, I'd love to hear them. Thanks so much for coming by for a visit! I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend! See you again soon!

4 comments:

  1. what a cool idea!! LOVE the multi-colored 'alohas'!! love the pineapple too!! adorable! Thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! I greatly appreciate them! I am super thankful you stopped by the blog too! =)

      Delete
  2. ph this is such a fun design! Love how u created your own background with all the die cuts! Thank u so much for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I really appreciate it! I've wanted to use that set again for awhile. I love that pineapple and the scripty aloha! I thought this was a great time to get them back out! Thank you so much for visiting the blog! =)

      Delete