Pages

Monday, July 9, 2018

"Sorry I've Been Dragon My Feet"


Hey y'all! Happy Monday! I have another card to share with you today. I am using one of my favorite stamp sets from My Favorite Things. It's the Magical Dragons set. It's an adorable stamp set!

To start the card, I cut a piece of white cardstock to 4" by 5 1/4". I used Stormy Sky Distress Ink to cover the whole panel. I then took the Radiating Rays Stencil (also from My Favorite Things) and centered it on my panel. I inked over the stencil using Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. I have to tell you, I haven't really used stencils that much before; but I really like the look I got with this one! I'll have to play around with them more in the future.

Next, I stamped one of the dragons from the set onto white cardstock. There are a few dragons included in this set, but I felt this little guy went perfect with the sentiment I planned on using. I used Copics to color it. I used shades of blue. I am no expert at Copic coloring, but I love using them! For this particular image, I used B60, B63, B66, B69, Y13, and Y15. After I had finished coloring it, I used the coordinating die from the Magical Dragons Die-namics Set to cut it out. 

I stamped a coordinating sentiment from the Knight in Armor stamp set onto the background panel. I stamped it in Versafine Onyx Black ink using the MISTI stamping tool. When the ink was dry, I layered the panel onto a side-folding white A2 card base. Then to complete the card, I foam mounted the dragon die cut in the center. That's it! This card was quite simple to put together, but the result is just stunning. 


I'm so glad you stopped in for a visit today! I hope that you have a wonderful week! See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment