Pages

Monday, July 30, 2018

Fairy Garden Fun Fold Card


Hey y'all! Happy Monday! I hope that you all had a great weekend. I'm back today to share a card with you that I created for the Lawn Fawnatics Fun Fold Challenge. (Click here to see the challenge announcement and the other entries for it. They are great!)

I knew as soon as I saw this challenge what I wanted to do. I knew that I wanted a tall card that had panels that opened to reveal a full scene, but also had a scene when it was closed. I played around with a couple of different things and finally settled on this version, which I really love. 

To start the card, I took an 8.5" by 11" piece of white cardstock and trimmed off half an inch from the 11 inch side. The resulting measurements were now 8.5" by 10.5". I scored it at the 3.5 and 7 inch mark on the long side. I folded it to make a kind of "z" fold. Next, I determined how tall I wanted my front and middle portions to be. After some trial and error, I ended up with the front panel measuring 4 3/8" tall and the middle panel was 6 1/4" tall. To get them the right size, I just measured up the side of the panels and used a ruler and an Xacto knife to cut a straight line horizontally to the next panel. Then I just used my scissors to trim down the fold to my cut line. When the card was laid flat open, it kind of looked like stair-steps. 

Next, I started inking my sky and grass panels. I cut 5 pieces of white cardstock to 3.5" by 8.5". I used my card base as a guide when trying to see how much of the green grass I needed on each panel. Using Mowed Lawn Distress Ink, I inked each of them. After they had been inked, I sprayed them with water from a Distress Sprayer and blotted them dry with a paper towel. Next, I ran each panel through my die cut machine using Lawn Fawn's Grassy Border die, making sure that each one was just a little taller than the panel it would be covering; with the exception of the last panel for the inside of the card. I made sure it was taller than the second panel, but short enough to leave space for the sky. I should also mention that I cut 2 for the front portion of the card and 2 for the middle portion of the card, so I made sure that each of those were the same size respectively. After die cutting the grass into the tops, I inked up the back side with the same green ink so that there wouldn't be any white grass showing on the backs of the panels. Then I inked my sky. I used Tumbled Glass Distress Ink on the top of the back panel of my card base. I also sprayed it with a Distress Sprayer.

Next, I stamped all my images. I actually stamped way more than I needed. But I wanted to make sure that I had plenty to use. I really wanted a full card. And these images are so cute, you can never really have too many. I used quite a few stamp sets from Lawn Fawn: Elphie Selfie, Year Two, To A Fungi, Little Fireflies, Gnome Sweet Gnome, and Fairy Friends. These sets are some of my very favorites. I stamped them with the MISTI using Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink. This is my favorite black ink to use. It's a nice, crisp black ink that's Copic Marker friendly. 

After I had stamped all those adorable images, I was ready to get coloring. I used the following Copic Markers:
Flowers: G03, G14, RV10, RV13, V01, V04, BG11, BG13, Y13, Y15, E55, and E57
Mushrooms: V01, V04, BG11, BG13, YG21, YG25, RV55, E53, E55, B34, B37, B39, W7, RV00, RV02, FB2, B63, B66, and YR04
Mushroom Houses: R24, R29, E53, E55, YR30, YR31, E79, B000, 0, B63, B66, YR02, YR04, and E57
Birds: B000, and B00
Bees: Y15, Y17, W4, W7, BG10, and 0
Turtles: G21, G24, and W2
Mouse: E55 and E57
Fireflies: E11, E13, Y17, BG10, and 0
Fairies: RV11, RV13, V01, V04, YG21, YG25, E00, E21, YR31, Y17, E55, E27, BG10, 0, and E57
Fairy House: RV00, RV02, B63, B66, C4, C5, G03, G14, B000, and 0
Gnome: W2, W4, YR15, YR16, W8, B99, E00 and E21

After I had colored all the images, I die cut them if I had the coordinating set or fussy cut them if I didn't. I used the Elphie Selfie dies, Year Two dies, Little Fireflies dies, Gnome Sweet Gnome dies, and Fairy Friends dies. 

Next, I adhered my grassy panels to the corresponding portion on the card base. Once I had them in place, I arranged my die cut images all over my card base until I had the perfect placement for each. Once I had them all arranged, I glued them in place. 

Lastly, I stamped my sentiments on the first and last panels. I used sentiments from the Year Two and Fairy Friends stamp sets using Versafine Onyx Black ink. Now my card was completed. I really enjoyed making this fun card! I really can't ever have too many fairy cards. They make my heart so happy!


I hope that you enjoyed my take on this challenge. If you have any questions or comments, I'd love to hear from you! I do so appreciate you stopping by and visiting with me today. I hope that you have a wonderful week! See you again soon!


4 comments:

  1. eeee! so INCREDIBLE!!! looooove that garden!! the gnome, fairy and mushroooms got me like - eeeee!! sooo cute!!! love this! bravo! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing card! The scene u created is so fun and full of details! ALl the images go so well together, it's a perfect little magic garden! Thank u so much for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate your sweet comment! Thank you so much!

      Delete