Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Ahoy, Matey!


Hey friends! Happy Wednesday! I can not believe how close it is to August already! This summer has just flown by. I'm trying my best to savor these last weeks of summer. I'm one of those moms who enjoys the kids being out of school, and I'm just not quite ready for it to be over yet. So, today I thought I'd share with y'all a nice summer-y card. 

I created this card for a special young man's 4th birthday. I wanted to make something fun and playful for him and thought this stamp and die set would be perfect. To start my card I made the background panel first. I started by inking some white cardstock with Brushed Corduroy distress ink to use for the sandy beach. Then I inked more white cardstock for the sky and ocean waves. For the ocean, I used Salty Ocean distress ink and the sky was inked using Tumbled Glass distress ink. After all pieces were inked, I sprayed them with a Distress sprayer and blotted them dry with a paper towel. 

I cut two pieces to use as the ocean waves using Lawn Fawn's Ocean Wave Border Dies. After I had die cut them, I added a bit of Blueprint Sketch distress ink to the tops of the waves, Then I cut the sand using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Hillside Border Dies. Once all of my background pieces were cut, I adhered them to a side folding white A2 card base. 



Next, I was ready to stamp. I used the Ahoy, Matey stamps from Lawn Fawn. I stamped the little pirates, a ship, a couple of trees, parrot, and treasure chest using Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink. I made sure to use an ink that was suitable for Copic markers. After all images were stamped, I colored them using the marker combinations that follow. For the boots of the pirates I used W7 and W8. The pirate girl's hat and dress I used R29, R27, C1, B41, and B45. For her hair I used E55 and E57. The skintones I used on both pirates were E00 and E11. For the little boy pirate's clothes I used R27, R29, W4, W7, W0, B41, and B45. For his peg leg I used E79 and E57. I colored his hair using  E55 and E53. For the treasure chest I used E25, E27, R27, R29, Y15, and Y19. The parrot was colored in shades of green using YG21, YG25, and YR16 for it's beak. On the pirate ship I used E25, E27,W7, W8, R37, and R39. Lastly I used E57, E79, E55, G03, and G07 for the trees. After all the images were colored, I die cut them with the coordinating dies and arranged them on the front of my card. To complete the card, I stamped the "Ahoy, Matey" sentiment at the top right of the card. 


I hope you enjoyed today's card creation! This card was super fun to make! If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them below. I'd love to hear from you! I hope that you have a wonderful Wednesday! Come back and see me soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment