Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Die Cut Thank You Card


Hey y'all! Happy Tuesday! I'm back today to share a card that I made that is almost a completely die cut card. I love the Lawn Fawn summer release! It is all so completely adorable! I used one of their awesome die cut sets for the focal point of this card. 

To make the background of this yummy card, I cut a panel of white cardstock to 4 1/4" by 5 1/2". I used the Simon Says Stamp Reverse Polka Background and stamped it with Lawn Fawn Ballet Slippers ink. I used a MISTI tool so that I could stamp it multiple times if I needed too. This background stamp is one of my favorite stamps of all time! It is gorgeous!! I set that panel aside and started working on the rest of the card.

I die cut all of my pieces from white cardstock and inked them all up using various colors of Distress Inks. For my sentiment, I die cut it with the Lawn Fawn Scripty Thanks Die and inked it with Mermaid Lagoon. The ice cream cone was cut using Lawn Fawn's I Scream, You Scream Dies. These dies are soooo cute! I inked both pieces of the cone using Brushed Corduroy; I just inked the bottom piece a little more to make it look more shaded. I cut the ice cream scoop twice. One of the scoops I sent through my die cut machine again using the wavy line die that makes the topping or the syrup on the scoop. I inked the whole scoop very lightly with Tattered Rose Distress Ink. The topping was inked with Picked Raspberry. The cherry on top was inked with Candied Apple and Lucky Clover. After I let my pieces dry for a few minutes, I then glued them together. I foam mounted them onto a scallop rectangle that I had die cut using Lawn Fawn's Outside In Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Stackables Dies. 


After that, I began to assemble my card. I used a white top-folding A2 card base. I adhered my background panel directly onto my card base. Then I adhered the die cut, foam mounted ice cream cone rectangle piece onto the upper center of the card. Lastly, I adhered my scripty thanks die cut to the bottom center of the card. And that was it, my card was complete. I love this simple, sweet, adorable card. It was quick and easy to make. The die cut sentiment could also be substituted for a number of other die cut greetings, depending upon what occasion you are celebrating. 


I hope that you enjoyed today's card. I hope that y'all have an awesome Tuesday! If you have any questions or comments, just leave them for me below! See you again real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment