Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2018

My Favorite Place


Hey everyone! Happy Sunday! I hope that everyone has had a great weekend. We are all still enjoying every minute of these last few lazy summer days. Summer is one of God's sweetest blessings! Today I have a card to share with you that I created for the latest Lawnfawnatics Challenge. It's all about your favorite places. So...I created a pizza place on my card. 😊 Anyone who knows me would agree that the pizza place is one of my favorite places. I'm a huge pizza lover! I'd eat it everyday if I could. For me, it's another sweet blessing! If you would like to see the other favorite places of some really talented creators, just click here

The first thing I wanted to do for this card was to get all of the pieces inked and together. I started with a piece of white cardstock cut to 4 1/4" by 5 1/2". I inked it with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink to make it look like the walls of a pizza place. For the window, I die cut a frame from white cardstock using the second smallest frame from the Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Frames dies. For the window frame, I inked it using Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The window pane was inked up using Tumbled Glass Distress ink. 

Next I worked on the tablecloth. I wanted that "classic" pizza place look, so I used the Gingham Backdrops Stamps from Lawn Fawn. I stamped it twice onto a piece of white cardstock that was sized to fit across the front of the card.  I used the MISTI tool to help me get it lined up and get that nice crisp stamped image. It was inked using Lawn Fawn's Lobster ink. After I had stamped it, I cut it out and used a corner rounder to round the top of the table. I attached the tablecloth to the bottom of the inked panel. 

Now it was time to work on the pizza parts of the card. I used Lawn Fawn's Quinn's Capital ABC's dies to cut out the word "PIZZA" for the window. I die cut them from some white cardstock. Once they were all cut, I flipped them over and colored the back side of them with an R27 Copic marker. I glued them onto the window pane, making sure to keep them backwards so that it would look like they were on the outside of the window. Next, I cut a piece of acetate to fit the frame to give the window that "glassy" look. Then, I adhered the whole window to the card in the upper right corner. 

Next, I worked on the pizza boxes. I stamped them using Lawn Fawn's Pizza My Heart stamp set. I really LOVE this set! I stamped 3 pizza boxes and the pizza cutter onto white cardstock using Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink. I colored them using the following Copic markers:
Box: E53, E55, R24, and R27
Pizza Cutter: R24, R27, C2, and C4
Once they were colored, I fussy cut them and adhered them onto the table. 

To finish up the front of the card, I stamped a sentiment from the same set using the same black ink. I used the MISTI tool to help me get precise placement and stamped it multiple times to get the nice dark, crisp stamped image. I also added a small heart from the set underneath the sentiment. I colored it using the R27 Copic marker. Once that was all finished, I adhered the panel to a white side-folding A2 card base.


I also stamped a sentiment on the inside of the card. I used the same black ink for this. I also wanted to add a slice of pizza, so I stamped it onto a separate piece of white cardstock using the Jet Black ink and colored it with Copic markers. I used E53, E57, YR30, and YR31. Then I stamped the pepperoni and olive multiple times onto the slice. I stamped the pepperoni with the Lobster ink and the olive with the Jet Black ink. I fussy cut it and adhered it next to my sentiment. And that completely finished my card. 

I hope that you like this card that represents one of my favorite places. If you have any questions or comments, just leave them down below. I'd be so happy to hear from you! I hope that you all have a wonderful Sunday! See you again real soon!


1 comment:

  1. super fun card! Love how u included the gingham backdrop! Thank u so much for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics :)

    ReplyDelete