Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Flamingo Birthday Card


Happy Saturday friends! I've got a fun new card to share with you that I created. My aunt's birthday is coming up and I wanted to make her a fun summery card. And Lawn Fawn's flamingos were the perfect thing for that! 

I started this card by first making the main scene. I stamped the flamingos from Flamingo Together stamp set. I used Lawn Fawn's Jet Black ink (since it's Copic marker friendly). Then I colored them using the following colors: RV13, RV14, YR04, and YR09. They were super fast and easy images to color.  Next I stamped the palm trees from the same set. I used Lawn Fawn Walnut ink and Simon Says Stamp Jelly Bean ink. Then I cut all the images out with the coordinating dies. 

I knew that I wanted to have a beach scene, so I cut out a circle from white cardstock using the next to largest stitched circle die in the Large Stitched Circle Stackables die set. I then die cut this white cardstock circle several times. First, I wanted to make the sand; so I used a die from the Stitched Hillside Border dies to cut the bottom portion of the circle. Next, was going to be the waves. I cut a little more of the circle from the bottom portion using the Ocean Waves Border dies. Next, I needed to cut a sun in the sky. To do this, I arranged the smallest circle from the Large Stitched Circle Stackables die set on the bottom of the portion of the circle that was left. I didn't want it to cut a complete circle, but rather just half to look as though it was the sun setting on the horizon; so I left the die hanging off the paper some when I ran it through my die cutting machine. 

Now that I had all of my background pieces for my scene, I went ahead and inked them up using Distress Inks. For the sky I used Tumbled Glass. The sun was inked with Spiced Marmalade. Salty Ocean was the perfect color for the waves. And lastly I used a combination of Tea Dye and Brushed Corduroy for the sandy beach. To assemble the beach scene, I cut out a circle from black cardstock using the largest circle in the Small Stitched Circle Stackables set. I adhered all of the inked pieces back together onto that black circle. Then I layered the flamingos and palm trees onto it as well. 

For the background panel I wanted something kind of whimsical to match the fun scene. I love polka dots and thought that would be the perfect thing for the background. I looked through the stamps that I have, and saw the corner image in the Let's Bokeh stamp set. I love that stamp set so much! I stamped it all over a piece of white cardstock cut to 4 1/4" by 5 1/2", rotating the block as I stamped. I used the perfect shade of pink ink too--Plastic Flamingo from Lawn Fawn (was there any other choice? 😉). After I had the background stamped, I ran it through my die cut machine again using the largest rectangle from the Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables set to get that great stitching detail around the card. I attached the circle scene to the top center of the panel. Next, I found a birthday sentiment that worked well with my scene to stamp on the bottom of the panel. I used the Happy Birthday from Happy, Happy, Happy stamp set. I stamped the sentiment using the MISTI so I could stamp it multiple times. I really wanted a dark, crisp stamped sentiment. I used Versafine Onyx Black ink for this. To finish up my card, I adhered the completed panel to a white side-folding A2 card base.


I hope that you like this card and that it makes you think of the all the fun that summer brings. I really appreciate you stopping by to see me today! I hope that you have an amazing weekend with all the ones you love! See you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment